[poppler] poppler util pdftohtml

Josh Richardson jric at chegg.com
Thu Sep 22 12:03:18 PDT 2011

Justine, I have done some recent work on the pdftohtml utility.  I recommend grabbing the latest version off of GIT and building it.  It's not too hard.

The latest version of pdftohtml generates valid XHTML and has the width and height in the body div.

It may also be that your problem with Arabic is fixed in the latest version (make sure you use "complex" option), because I don't know how backwards rendering would possibly happen with that version, but if it does, I'd love to know more about it.  I would expect it to write out the characters in the same order in which they are printed on the page, from left to write.  This could cause issues with ligatures, however.

--josh