[poppler] Wrong annotation border color with acroread-generated appearance

Fabio D'Urso fabiodurso at hotmail.it
Tue Apr 17 09:29:18 PDT 2012

The attached document contains two annotations with acroread-generated
appearance streams (Adobe Reader 10.1.2 on OS X 10.6).
In particular the AnnotFreeText's appearance stream (7 0 R) starts with:
 1 1 0 rg
 88.3 508.7597 283.8634 41.9518 re
It doesn't set the stroke color before painting.

Since the previous annotation has a yellow border (*), the yellow stroke color
stays selected and it's used for this annotation too.

But acroread renders a black border instead.

I think that the issue is that appearance streams in general expect some
default graphic state (eg "0 G"). But I couldn't find any reference to this in
the specs.

* = Actually, that border should not be drawn. I've got a fix, but it hides
this bug, therefore it'll have to wait until this issue is solved.