[poppler] pdftohtml lets you run random shell commands

Ihar `Philips` Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 04:51:03 PDT 2012

Hi!

Found it out myself. Did RTFM so to say.

The patch with shellEscape() function is attached.

Regression tested with following devices:
-dev jpeg (OK)
-dev png16m (OK)
-dev "'jpeg'" (OK, gs failed with "Unknown device")
-dev "\"'jpeg'\"" (OK, gs failed with "Unknown device")
-dev "png16m;rm -rf /dev" (OK, gs failed with "Unknown device", ran as
a user, so there were no danger in the rm command)

--
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.