[poppler] poppler pdftops regressions

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:36:29 PST 2012

Hi,

I am using a 32-bit i686 version of Fedora 14 Linux.
I copied poppler from git earlier today (Feb 23, 2012), and noticed two problems.

pdftops -level1 does not seem to handle bitmaps well.
My test files 020_ReadMe_Ghent_Output_Patch.pdf (Ghent Output Suite document), bug-poppler27482-precision.pdf (Herbstfest bei MEIFORT ad), elp-B83378-gray.pdf, and testimagemask.pdf (real estate ad with photos of six agents at the bottom) showed like checkerboards.
The size is what I expect, and they don't get errors.  I suspect that the problem is a change in the image code in the pdftops prolog.

pdftops -binary no longer has much effect.
It is present PSOutput.cc in the recent tarball release of 0.18.4, but about half of the code is missing in the git version.
Was that intentional, or did a patch get applied to a branch that was not later merged?

Should I open bug reports for each of these issues?

William