[poppler] Using the poppler utils in my software

Reece Dunn msclrhd at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:50:41 PDT 2012

On 16 July 2012 16:32, Jean-Philippe Green <jeanphilippe.green at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. I asked about this on the IRC with no luck, so I'll try this instead.

Hi,

> How can I use the poppler utils (such as pdftotext) in my software without
> executing a platform dependent executable? Is it included somewhere in the
> library?

The poppler utils make use of the internal poppler API to the poppler
library to perform their function. Poppler also provides various
stable API bindings that can be used instead:

  *  glib (GLib/C) -- http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/glib
  *  cpp (C++) -- http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/cpp
  *  qt4 (Qt4/C++) -- http://cgit.freedesktop.org/poppler/poppler/tree/qt4

See the demo/tests folder for example usage.

Thanks
- Reece