[poppler] How to remove the dependency of visual studio in Poppler ??

Maciej Mrozowski reavertm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:38:15 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 12 of June 2012 11:20:59 Samdev wrote:

Hello

>                       Thanks for your response, yes the application asks
> for the runtime environment. So can you tell me how could i set the
> environment for the application on every system. Is there any Dll or
> library of visual studio environment which can solve my problem ??

Maybe try deploying release version of libpoppler/anyotherapporlib instead of
debug one. Only debug one actually needs Manifest file to find "corresponding"
MSVCRT (and even though it most likely needs MSVCRT shared DEBUG libs to be
installed - so those with whole Visual Studio - with version either the same
as used when compiling or otherwise listed in Manifest). So, if you can live
without debug symbols, just making release version should fix your "MSVC
compatibility" issues.

--
regards
MM