[poppler] Three question on using the qt4 frontend

Adam Reichold adamreichold at myopera.com
Tue Mar 20 06:50:59 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently maintaining a small PDF viewer called qpdfview that is
using the poppler library through the qt4 frontend. I have three question
that came up during development:

- The ArthurOutputDev seems incomplete. Are there plans on this? Can
someone point me to documentation about this? (I would like to use it for
printing in a platform independent way for which I currently fall back to
drawing images to the printer. (I have seen a similar workaround in Okular
when built on Windows.))

- The Poppler::Page::search method is deprecated but I could not find any
documentation of what the plans for this are. Again, can someone point out
relevant documentation to me?

- The Poppler::Document::toc method currently returns a QDomDocument
pointer. Is there any other way to get the TOC using this frontend. I
would like to avoid using QDomDocument as this alone would add libQtXml as
a dependency to the program. Are there any opinions on replacing this by a
simple custom tree model of the TOC?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Adam.