[poppler] pdfunite - joining multiple pdf files without page break

Ihar `Philips` Filipau thephilips at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:26:33 PDT 2012

On 3/30/12, Gabor Z. Papp <gzp at papp.hu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there any way to join separate pdf pages without page break?
>
> I have 3 standalone pages in separate pdf file.
> I would like to join them without page break at every file.

If you ask for a suggestion as a user: You can try to open the PDFs in
LibreOffice Draw, and copy-paste the tables from the other two into
the first and print from there. (I personally had some fancy
formatting problems with that, YMMV.)

If you ask for a programmatic solution. Dunno. I would have tried to
export the information into something more manageable, with simpler
structure, e.g. SVG. pdftocairo reportedly can do it, but I do not
know how good it is at it. Then with SVG, being plain XML files, you
can try to write a routine to locate the content you need on the pages
and put them together.

Hm. From my recollection of crazy things people do with Ghostscript.
Ghostscript IIRC can apply a crop box to the PDFs - to strip the empty
space at the bottom. Then using the Ghostscript again you can merge
the PDFs together. That would give you a document with 3 pages of
unusual size: wide, but short. Adobe Reader should be able to print
such document on a single page. But do not ask me for the command
lines of the Ghostscript - I just seen people doing something similar.