[poppler] pdftoppm: resulting image dpi and/or size is unexpected

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 7 17:26:19 PDT 2012

El Dilluns, 7 de maig de 2012, a les 19:14:54, Carlos Fernandez va escriure:
> Albert,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply.

Please don't answer me, answer to the list, there's no reason to keep the
discussion "hidden" to the rest of the world.

> I am reading the DPI and image dimensions from Preview on OS X.  It
> reports the fractions DPI for the 2040x2640 image.  Is the DPI
> information baked into the image as metadata?

No idea to be honest.

> >> using "-r 150" (or just relying on the default value of 150) to create
> >> an image on a 8.5x11 inch pdf generates an image that is 1275 × 1651
> >> pixels at 150dpi.
>
> Should this image be 1275x1650?

That might make sense.

Anyway this is a development list, if you are not planning to develop a fix
what you should do is open a bug in bugzilla, it is much easier to keep track
of the bugs in there.