[poppler] Implement overprint in qt interface?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Oct 16 13:57:53 PDT 2012

El Dilluns, 15 d'octubre de 2012, a les 07:15:51, Thomas Freitag va escriure:
> On 14.10.2012 22:58, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > El Diumenge, 14 d'octubre de 2012, a les 19:41:26, Thomas Freitag va
escriure:

> > escriure:

> >> Okay, here it is.
> >
> > The two new methods are missing @since markers (and also i think the
> > documentation of the two methods could be a bit more explanatory)
>
> @since: I thought that You insert it when You commit it. If I would
> insert 0.22.0 You have to change it if You will not have the time to
> commit it :-) or I need to change it and have to upload a new patch if
> You will not have the time :-(

Well, if you do it, it's less work i have to do and thus it's easier i'll have
time ;-)

> Explanatory: Okay, but this will be hard. For those who know what
> overprint is the documentation is self-explanatory, for others I need to
> write reams. What's about to insert the link to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overprinting?

To be honest doesn't seem to make things much clearer to me :D
Ok, let's leave the docu as it is

> > Also why are you calling it "overprint preview"? How is it a preview?
>
> To be honest, I haven't really thought about that. Probably I choose
> that name because it is also introduced in GlobalParams with that name.
> But also in the acrobat reader preferences it is called "Use overprint
> preview". And because not all RIPs support it (i.e. RGB printers) it is
> indeed something like a preview (for RIPs which support it).

Ok, let's leave it with that name (but maybe make it a RenderingHint as Adam
suggests?).