[poppler] CMYK JPX image interpreted as RGB (with testcase + example images)

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Feb 6 13:00:17 PST 2013

El Dimecres, 6 de febrer de 2013, a les 14:30:13, Harry Roberts va escriure:
> Hi Poppler folks,
>
>  I encountered a weird bug with some images in a PDF. It seems like CMYK
> data is being interpreted as RGB data, or something similar to that - the
> pixel stride is off causing the image to be repeated multiple times.
>
>  PDF Page file can be downloaded from: http://derp.ltd.uk/843-21307-16.pdf
>
> Example of problem image, extracted with pdfimages:
> http://i.imgur.com/YSTCKkb.jpg
> The image shows with `pdfimages` as:
> page   num  type   width height color comp bpc  enc interp  object ID
>    1     7 image     759   185  cmyk    4   8  jpx    no        68  0
>
> I have tested 2 versions of Poppler with 2 versions of LCMS and exhibit the
> problem. Google Chrome also has similar problems.
>
>    - Evince from Ubuntu 12.10 (Poppler 0.20.4-0ubuntu1.1 with LCMS2
>    2.2+git20110628-2ubuntu4) without openjpeg
>    - pdftoppm - Poppler 0.22.0 + LCMS 1.19 (custom build) - without openjpeg
>

> Example page images:
>
>    - Ghostscript: http://i.imgur.com/dfLLptb.jpg
>    - Photoshop: http://i.imgur.com/BylwJWW.jpg
>    - Poppler: http://i.imgur.com/8cderTo.jpg (shows buggy image)
>
> The PDF was processed using SmartCreate by QuadGraphics, combined by Adobe
> Acrobat 8.0... unsure of the original software used to create the
> individual files.

Please use bugzilla to report bugs, otherwise they will be forgotten in the
mailing list. In bugzilla they will probably be forgotten too, but they are
much easier to find later.

> On a related note I'm unable to build the current Poppler from git,
> otherwise I would've tested with it too. Getting link errors like:
>   Linearization.cc:(.text+0x4dc): undefined reference to
> `error(ErrorCategory, long, char const*, ...)

Not enough information, at least you'll need to provide the configure log and
the full error.