[poppler] Differing number of items returned from get_text{, layout} for glyphs over page edge

Germán Póo-Caamaño gpoo at gnome.org
Wed Nov 27 23:22:06 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-11-25 at 08:40 +0000, Peter Waller wrote:
> Just to update the list, Carlos just committed
> poppler_page_get_text_for_area, poppler_page_get_text_layout_for_area and
> poppler_page_get_text_attributes_for_area.

FWIW, I tried to use poppler_page_get_text_layout_for_area()  for
implementing the text annotation markup in glib (in the demo), but it is
notoriously slower than the deprecated
poppler_page_get_selection_region().

I have not measured, neither I have not looked into the implementation
details, just my perception of responsiveness (i.e it highlights the
text when the cursor is ahead 2 or 3 lines, sometimes it shows the
markup after I release the mouse button).

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/