[poppler] poppler 0.29 pdftoppm much slower than poppler 0.20 ?

Anthony Wesley awesley at smartnetworks.com.au
Fri Dec 26 21:24:09 PST 2014

Hi, I'm upgrading my copy of poppler for the first time in a while, I've been using 0.20.5 but now I've downloaded 0.29.0 and I'm finding
that pdftoppm is *much* slower under the new version, maybe 5x or 6x slower.

Is this already known, and for a good reason? Sorry if this is already understood.

I'm using a recent centos 6, 64 bit linux and the following configure command:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-libjpeg --disable-libopenjpeg

forcing poppler to use the builtin jpeg library. This is the same config as for the old version I have (0.20.5).

regards, Anthony

--
Anthony Wesley
Smart Networks Pty Ltd