[poppler] Bug 69485

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Thu Jan 2 20:45:42 PST 2014

Hi Adrian,

On 03/01/2014, at 10:01 AM, Adrian Johnson wrote:

> Leonard,
> Do you have any idea why Adobe Distiller fails on the PS output? The PS
> files print fine on my Xerox printer which has Adobe PS.

The error occurs in the PostScript around lines  44378-44379.
Comment out these 2 lines and the file will distill just fine.

The lines commented-out should look like:

>> % imagemask
>> % Gar8O!!3<."p5&6Mu*H<lMpm`s8T;%s*la!#Nl!cb6!e-!5&ILgA~>

Of course this omits something on page 4.
It is the red arrow indicating where a signature is required.

This seems to have been added over the top of the underlying form,
using coding that looks a bit suspect to me.
viz.

>> 8 dict dup begin
>>   /ImageType 1 def
>>   /Width 24 def
>>   /Height 15 def
>>   /Interpolate false def
>>   /BitsPerComponent 1 def
>>   /Decode [ 1 0 ] def
>>   /DataSource currentfile /ASCII85Decode filter /FlateDecode filter def
>>   /Interpolate false def
>>   /ImageMatrix [ 1 0 0 -1 0 15 ] def
>> end
>> imagemask
>> Gar8O!!3<."p5&6Mu*H<lMpm`s8T;%s*la!#Nl!cb6!e-!5&ILgA~>

Firstly there are 9 entries being defined within the dictionary,
 but then /Interpolate is given twice.

The /DataSource  line looks quite wrong.
  "DataSource must be a single file, procedure, or string"
   --- PS Ref. Manual v3
so maybe this will do:
   /DataSource {currentfile /ASCII85Decode filter /FlateDecode filter} def
but when testing the same /undefined  error occurs with  imagemask ,
which could indicate something wrong in the preceding dictionary.

> On 03/01/14 08:56, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>> Prints just fine from Adobe Acrobat on both Mac and Win.
>>
>> I validated both files using the PDF syntax checker in Acrobat and they
>> both passed fine.
>>
>> So there is nothing wrong with the PDFs in question.
>>
>> Leonard

Hope this helps,

	Ross

Ross Moore                                       ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mathematics Department                           office: E7A-206