[poppler] Bug 69485

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Mon Jan 6 15:23:15 PST 2014

On 1/6/14 11:58 AM, "James Cloos" <cloos at jhcloos.com> wrote:

>RM> So Apple seems to agree with Adobe on this one,
>
>AIUI, Adobe provides the library which Apple's pstopdf uses.

To my knowledge, the "pedigree" of the technology that Apple uses for
PS->PDF conversion is not publicly documented.

However, were it licensed from another company that began with an 'A',
such a license would have been a one time license and thus Mac OS X would
be using VERY OLD CODE.  But any comments from me on this topic should be
taken as wild speculation since I couldn't say anything in public :).

Leonard