[poppler] Rotated text

Peter Waller peter at scraperwiki.com
Mon Jul 28 09:20:47 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I've attached a small PDF which has rotated text on it. I generated this
using inkscape. If I reimport the file inkscape recognizes the rotated text
as text.

Evince can't select the text which is rotated.

Also, the rotated text doesn't show up in the glib API through
`poppler_page_get_text`, which is what I need for a project where I am
obtaining data from PDFs.

Is there any chance we could either make rotated text appear in the
`get_text` API or provide an API to obtain such text?

I'm willing to write patches. Having read through TextOutputDev though I
can't see immediately why rotated text isn't showing up in the output. So
advice is welcome.

My strategy once I've figured out why it doesn't show up in `get_text`
would be to add rotation as a property to PopplerTextAttributes, if that is
acceptable.

Regards,

- Peter