[poppler] Rethinking poppler releases

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Sep 25 15:22:38 PDT 2014

El Dijous, 25 de setembre de 2014, a les 06:52:59, jose.aliste at gmail.com va
escriure:
> Hey Albert, if you think it wont be much more burden for you at making the
> releases, then please go for it. Having more releases make for easier
> synchronization with KDE and GNOME schedules. Other than that, we could
> also try to put a schedule every x months that is sync with KDE and GNOME
> (and other desktops if necessary) so features needed for okular and evince
> can be pushed sooner than later.

The thing is, we already do a monthly release, but it's bugfix only, that
delays features for a long time and at some points puts lots of effort in doing
releases since I need to do the betas and rc for the next one while doing the
other releases, what i'm aiming is just at a simpler relase schedule that
gives me/us less work.