[poppler] RFC: Expose whole-words search option in Qt frontends

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sat Jan 10 15:57:19 PST 2015

El Diumenge, 11 de gener de 2015, a les 00:37:36, Adam Reichold va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> Am 10.01.2015 um 23:45 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > Maybe you can add some tests to check_search.cpp?
>
> Attached patch with a test case for the four flag combinations added
> to the Qt4 and Qt5 versions of "check_search.cpp".
>
> Of course, this very much highlights the ugliness of shoe horning the
> flags into the existing enumeration. But I don't think that making
> "Poppler::Page::search" take an "int" instead of "SearchMode" would be
> ABI compatible strictly speaking, since now the compiler is free to
> choose the underlying type for the enumeration.

Meh, you're right, this is not good either since you're passing in SearchMode
something that is not a SearchMode (it's the sum of two).

So yeah it'd be better to go the QFlags way. Maybe you can leave the old
function there, mark it as deprecated and say that it only obeys the
sensitiviness part and add a new function that accepts the qflags?