[Portland] xdg-menu copies .desktop file

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Apr 6 07:41:21 EEST 2006

Yes, good question. I'm a bit undecided on the issue.

Pro:
* Deleting application automatically removes menu-item

Con:
* More difficult to explain that the .desktop file should still be
installed somewhere else
* If you remove the application the way that you installed it, it will
call xdg-menu --uninstall to remove the menu-item

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman