[Portland] xdg-su -u option

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Mon Apr 24 03:28:32 EEST 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 16:39 -0700, Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> The next meeting where Portland's overall direction will be discussed is
> the Desktop Architects Meeting II in Mainz, Germany, May 8-9th. You are
> hereby invited to join us there to make sure that the points that you
> raised are properly understood.
> See http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/dam2/ for
> more information about the event. Please coordinate with Christopher
> Blizzard.

Thank you for the invitation. I want to come but I need to find some
space in my schedule etc. Will mail you personally about this later.

> It's possible to use mailinglists for constructive technical
> discussions. A key to success seems to be a willingness to actually
> listen what other participants are writing combined with a desire to
> work together on a solution that takes all concerns in consideration.
> Not putting emotionally charged labels like "silly" and "lazy" on other
> participating members tends to make a big difference as well.

Sure, I believe we're all well versed in the art of having discussions
on mailing lists (sometimes I'm even constructive :-) but sometimes I
get tempted to use the same kind of language that is used against me.
Sorry if anyone got offended.

    David