[Portland] [Patch] Portability and Xfce

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Apr 24 22:31:23 EEST 2006

On Monday 24 April 2006 21:21, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> >>See attachment. Should produce the same result.
> >
> > Applied, thanks again.
> >
> > Do you think you could come up with a patch the extracts the examples as
> > well? I'd like to have them in the output for --help
> >
> > The code in the script should be similar to the one for usage, very
> > likely only copy & paste once the extracted text is available.
>
> See attached AWK script (with comments), just add the script to the
> repository (doesn't need to be installed) and change the line in
> Makefile.in to invoke the script to generate the *.usage files. I guess
> stuff will get to messy when adding more sed magic to the Makefile, and
> awk is way more readable than sed. ;-)

Thanks alot.
However I'd like to have usage and examples separated, so the scripts can
print usage on errors and examples only on request (at --help)

I think we just copy the behavior for usage, i.e. introduce a function like
this

examples()
{
cat << _EXAMPLES
_EXAMPLES
}

Can you modify your script accordingly? Maybe also send a patch for
Makefile.in?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

--