[Portland] xdg-utils proof of concept

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Sat Apr 29 01:46:28 EEST 2006

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 11:57:27PM +0200, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Anyway, I like the idea of a test target for the Makefile, especially since we
> now have a fixed set of standard return values.

Could you give a pointer to the page/email with the return values?
That'd be a handy doc to have when making tests in the future.

> A little bit like unit testing for the scripts.

I'm assuming that unit/functional testing is really all we need at this
point, as opposed to performance or stress tests?

> I had a quick look at Bryce's original patch and it looks good. Not sure if it
> can still be applied after all the recent changes, but if it can or Bryce has
> enough time to update it, I'd say commit it!

The only change I had to make was that apparently some files got moved
around, so I just added the path to the scripts subdir.  Dunno if that's
the most eligant solution but it's simple and should work correctly all
the time.

Bryce