[Portland] kbuildsycoca and xdg-utils

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Aug 7 10:43:17 PDT 2006

 Hello,

 both xdg-desktop-menu and xdg-icon-resource have things like --noupdate,
forceupdate and so on, but they are actually not used in KDE, so updates in
KDE are always delayed. Which leads to those annoying warnings in the
testsuite and also in the real case nobody will tell the user.

 Ok, xdg-icon-resource actually tries to run it, but only with non-system
changes. Attached scripts.patch tries to trigger and wait for kbuildsycoca
when necessary. Actually not trivial at all, see the comments for the
function for the hackery :(. It works here for all the 4 mentioned cases
(su,sudo,kdesu,nothing). Okay to commit? It should probably get more testing
on systems like Kubuntu. Although, on the other hand, running kbuildsycoca
explicitly is not critical.

 The second patch tries to remove the KDE warnings all over the testsuite
(well, and also the strange test using "$GDMSESSION" = "kde" - how many
people do actually really have it set this way?). Since the test now kind of
requires X display I also removed set_no_display in needed places. However I
still must be missing one place somewhere, because the first tests don't
trigger kbuildsycoca - any idea?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer