[Portland] UNIX (SVr4) package compatibility

Claes at work claesatwork at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 04:08:27 PDT 2006

> I think it should be possible to make xdg-utils play nice with installf.
> Would it work if the xdg-utils tools would call a hook before doing the
> actual copying?

An alternative solution that I think would be simpler is if the utils
included dry-run-options, and options to print the path of the files
it creates / would create. It could then be called twice, first with
dry-run to print the path, and then to actually do the stuff (If I
understand the installf man page correctly, have never used it myself)

Claes