[Portland] command line interface inconsistancies

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Mon Jun 5 23:16:50 PDT 2006

I have improved the presentation of the command line options in the
man-page. Each different action now has a synopsis line of itself. Most
of them are now along the lines of
	xdg-comand --action [--option xxx] --option yyy FILE

See
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/*checkout*/portland/portland/xdg-utils/scr
ipts/html/xdg-mime.html for an example. Note that the scripts themselves
haven't been updated accordingly yet.

Let me know what you think.

Xdg-screensaver still needs some change such as changing "suspend" to
"--suspend". I would like to drop "enable" and "disable" as options and
remove the <delay> argument from "suspend" and default to 5 minutes. I'm
also inclined to remove "restore" since I don't think it's really needed
if the screensaver gets re-enabled after 5 min. anyway.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman