[Portland] dapi-0.1

Bryce Harrington bryce at osdl.org
Wed Mar 15 20:52:48 EET 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 04:21:30PM +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  Yeah, yeah, it's here :).
>
>  Source code, anonymous access:
>  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.freedesktop.org:/cvs/portland co portland/dapi
>
>  (I'll even tag it as soon as I recall how to do that.)

cvs -z3 tag RELEASE_0_1

Or if you want to do a full branch:
   http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/WorkingWithCVSBranches

>  It should be usable by now and eagerly awaits your testing ;).
>
>  As for documentation, there's Bryce's README (with some updates) and there
> are some docs in doc/ :
>
>  API.txt - that's the abstract API description
>  C-API.txt - documentation of the C bindings - NOTE: It very clearly shows
> that I suck at writing such stuff. It's awful, any help there is welcome. You
> should probably rather start with
>  C-HOWTO.txt - describes how to actually use it in applications in a way
> that's hopefully even possible to grasp (I tried). Refer also to what's in
> tests/ for some examples.

Looks good.  One thing to consider is to use doxygen or something to
generate the API doc from the source code, and then move C-API.txt into
the source code files.  Sometimes this can be easier to maintain...

talk to y'all in a few weeks...

Bryce