[Portland] portland and linux foundation

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sun Jan 28 17:49:37 PST 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 02:39, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Heya all, how will the Portland Project continue now that OSDL and FSG
> joined into the Linux Foundation?

I don't think this has any effect on the Portland project.
Most contributors are either payed by someone else (e.g. Intel, distros) or
are the usual free software developer working on it because they like the
idea.

> Has this upset the timeline at all? I haven't seen much discussion about
> this, but hope that things will progress...

If I remember correctly, we (Waldo and me) agreed in Portland at DAM3 (Dec.
2006) to have a KDE2 version of the D-Bus based DAPI ready this January and I
have almost completed this (some functionality missing but already
implemented in old KDE DAPI daemon, the call stubs are fully working)

I think there is also an xdg-utils milestone withing the next months (April
IIRC).

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring