[Portland] Fwd: [Desktop_architects] Querying desktop settings like default browser and proxy configuration

PCMan pcman.tw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:15:22 PDT 2009

So who is maintaining xdg-utils now and where should I send patches to?
I'd like to join the development and have some new ideas about xdg-open.

Besides, is it possible to write a freedesktop.org spec to store those
settings in a common place rather than having this kind of wrapper?
It's not about common configuration system, which was not accepted in the past.
Default browser and proxy settings only contains several smiple
strings and a simple ini file is quite suitable for storing this small
amount of data. Is it really needed to create yet another complicated
wrapper script for this?