[Portland] [ANNOUNCE] Xdg-utils 1.1.0-rc1
fabo at freedesktop.org
Sat Jan 1 02:24:29 PST 2011
The long awaited release of Xdg-utils is now available, fixing a lots of bugs.
This release contains the following new features:
* KDE 4 support
* LXDE support
* xdg-settings utility, a script to get various settings from the desktop
The changes from 1.0.2 are as follows:
* xdg-mime: correct install text to use type/subtype.
Thanks to Christopher Yeleighton. (BR31441)
* xdg-open: declare file variable as local. (BR32487)
* xdg-open: decode file:// urls. Thanks to Henning Garus.
* xdg-screensaver: support X server blanking. Thanks to Ben Hutchings.
* xdg-utils-common: fixup kfmclient_fix_exit_code() for newer kde-config
* xdg-mime: fix typo in manpage
* xdg-email: Thunderbird is not detected with localized (BR31740)
* add lxde support (BR26058)
* xdg-settings: Only run KDE browser fallback when necessary. Otherwise,
in some circumstances, read_kde_browser incorrectly prints the result
twice. Thanks to David Benjamin.
* xdg-email: Fix e-mail attachements support with Thunderbird3 (BR13435)
* xdg-mime: update the required section "[Added Associations]"
Thanks to Mike Mammarella.
* xdg-email: Fix missing backslash in awk script so that it works with
* xdg-desktop-icon: set the execute bit to desktop file.
Thanks to Damjan Jovanovic. (BR28394)
* xdg-screensaver: consider gnome-screensaver a separate DE (BR20027)
* xdg-mime : use 'gnomevfs-info --slow-mime' (BR 13939)
* xdg-desktop-icon : use localized desktop folder name (BR19011)
* xdg-open : use mimeopen -L (follow symlinks)
* xdg-open.1 : add FILES, SEE ALSO sections
* xdg-open: Spaces in filename (BR27959)
* xdg-email and xdg-open: perform BROWSER check in any case.
Thanks to Andrea Florio. (BR27551)
* xdg-email: try console mode browsers and update the browser list.
* xdg-utils-common: fix the comment of exit_failure_file_permission_write
* xdg-open: fix regression in open_generic as xdg-mime doesn't handle
URLs (mimeopen and run-mailcap as well). Move xdg-mime call into
a new function (open_generic_xdg_mime). Check input file before
trying to open them with non-browsers.
* xdg-open: fix failure if $BROWSER has arguments. (BR14374)
Thanks to Johannes Wegener.
* xdg-open: try console mode browsers and update the browser list.
Thanks to Ville Skyttä and Pablo Castellano. (BR14361)
* xdg-screensaver: use dbus-send instead of qdbus for freedesktop
* xdg-mime: improve MIME string check when using gnomevfs-info. (BR12818)
* xdg-mime: report error on failure.
* xdg-open: in open_generic, use xdg-mime to lookup mime type and
association before the alternatives methods (mimeopen and run-mailcap).
* Add gvfs-copy and gvfs-info support. (BR15828)
* xdg-settings: Add %s to the command in the Gnome url handlers (BR26284)
* xdg-screensaver resume activates the screensaver on KDE4 (BR26085)
* prefer gvfs-open over gnome-open
* DE=gnome, if org.gnome.SessionManager exists on dbus
* Fix xdg-email --attach failure with Evolution. (BR23007)
Thanks to Dwayne Bailey
* Add an extra check in xdg-open and call kfmclient openURL as a fallback
on KDE 4. Thanks to Nicolas Lécureil.
* Add email attachments support to Thunderbird from xdg-email. (BR13435)
Thanks to Lei Zhang.
* Fix xdg-open to handle URL with '#' symbol. (BR23319, BR24375)
* Remove bash requirement to xdg-open and xdg-email. (BR20015)
* Update xdg-settings - Thanks to Mike Mammarella:
This fixes some issues where user-generated icons would be detected as
the official .desktop file for a binary, rather than the actual version.
(It resolves forward and compares binaries rather than resolving backward
to a .desktop file from a binary)
* Use kde-open, if available (ie, KDE 4)
* detect_de: suppress xprop stderr.
* fix build for missing manpages (eg. xdg-settings)
* Fix hardcoded KDE home directory. Use kde(4)-config to get path.
* Apply patch from Mike Mammarella to fix 2 issues:
- skip invisible desktop files when looking up the default web browser in
- check for localized settings by hand in xdg-settings if kreadconfig
* Replace kfmclient by kioclient usage under KDE 4.
Thanks to Nicolas Lécureil.
* Remove fixup_mandriva_categories() function. It is not needed anymore
since a year. Thanks to Nicolas Lécureil.
* Merge xdg-settings utility: a script to get various settings from
the desktop environment. Thanks to Dan Kegel and Google Inc.
* Fix hardcoded path in make_default_kde() in xdg-mime unde KDE 3.
Add initial KDE 4 support to the function.
* Use kbuildsycoca4 under KDE 4 and kbuildsycoca under KDE 3.
* Use kmimetypefinder under KDE 4 and kfile under KDE 3.
* Add KDE 4 support to xdg-mime. kdetradertest was replaced by
ktraderclient under KDE 4. (BR22975)
* Remove -u option from su. It doesn't have it.
* Add KDE 4 support to xdg-email (BR17268)
* Sleep for 50s instead of 59s to avoid to froze the seesion (BR19414)
* Fix a race condition in xdg-screensaver (BR19382)
* Fix basename usage when filename contains spaces (BR18567)
* Fix bashisms used in xdg-mime and xdg-screensaver (BR15827)
* initial support for KDE 4
* Add dbus commands to xdg-screensaver for KDE 4 (BR17537)
* Fixing security issue in xdg-email and xdg-open at replacing
parameter in $BROWSER
* Fix xdg-mime query filetype on XFCE (BR11383)
Thanks to all contributors and happy new year!
More information about the Portland