Fwd: [Promotion] Research proposal

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Feb 16 04:59:21 PST 2006

On Thursday 16 February 2006 13:15, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> [...]

First, 'what do we want to know', then 'who can tell us that'.

So a possible set of research questions (might not fit together in one inquiry
very well) would be:

1) What is the current market share of (free desktops|KDE|GNOME)?
2) Why did those users choose for (ABC)?
3) What needs to filled in to reach out for new markets?

ad 3) That's fuzzy, as in "which market exactly?". I'm working on a
      segmentation analysis right now, so  we might be able to tell soonish.
--
sebas

The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow
sharper. - Bertrand Russell