[Promotion] hello

Patrick Trettenbrein patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
Sat Jan 21 16:28:24 PST 2006

Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2006 21:51 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> At the Desktop Architects Meeting [1] in Portland end of last year it was
> decided to write and publish a common statement including freedesktop.org,
> KDE, GNOME and any other organization who wants to join. See [2] for the
> mail with the latest draft.
>
> Maybe this could be the open letter you are proposing. It would be great if
> people from this list could help to get this done. Especially on the GNOME
> side we need some help with that.
>
> The idea is that it's published in parallel on the home pages of GNOME, KDE
> and other projects working on the free desktop. This really could show the
> world that we are working together on our common goal, to make the free
> desktop succeed.
>
> [1]
> http://groups.osdl.org/workgroups/dtl/desktop_architects/december_2005_meet
>ing [2]
> http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/desktop_architects/2006-January/000698.html

Looks good to me, so has this already been published or what's going on with
it at the moment?

If this text is featured on both GNOME's and KDE's websites (maybe also
freedesktop.org, etc...) we should maybe also spread it to various news sites
(like press releases) together with the the announcement of the founding of
the "freedesktop marketing and promotion group"?

What do you think?

Patrick
Patrick Trettenbrein - patrick.trettenbrein at kdemail.net
GnuPG fingerprint: 312B 561F B0E9 1DB5 CE5B A9CB 831A 1994 E9A3 0010