[Promotion] features (was: What is the objective of both organisations)

Thilo Pfennig tpfennig at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 09:14:49 PST 2006

2006/1/23, Santiago Roza <santiago.roza at thymbra.com>:

> i don't say we should be promoting 5000 features, but why limit
> ourselves to just one?

If we are on the subject of "features": What you all think about
"workspaces" as a feature? I have seen consultants disabling
workspaces because they thought they were confusing users (probably
because they do not exist on Windows and Mac).

Maybe the question I am trying to ask is how to promote "uncommon"
features, or "common" features from the free desktop perspective. We
could make a list of features that we all share. I think workspaces
could be considered as one. I trhink workspaces can be handled better
than tabs by most users, also I do admit that many people have
problems with it and they open applications more than once if I use
workspaces on their desktops and leave them alone with it again.

Thilo

--
http://vinci.wordpress.com