[Promotion] Introduction

C.M.Lotion cmlotion at wanadoo.nl
Wed Jan 25 13:59:02 PST 2006

Hello,

I'm a long-time KDE/Linux user from the Netherlands, working on
translations and KDE promotion among other things.

Recently, I got involved with KDE marketing and work together with
Sebastian Klingens,  Martijn Klingens, Wade Olson, Tom Chance and others.
Although I like programming, I deliberately chose for supporting tasks
such as marketing and translation in the KDE project. I believe in the
freedom and opportunities offered by free and open source software like
KDE, and want to introduce our technology and community to the general
public.

Joining forces to promote the free desktop would be a great step forward,
especially with respect to available resources for marketing research. I
am looking forward to working together to bring the free desktop to the
people.

Best regards,

Claire