[Promotion] Women in FLOSS day?

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Thu Nov 2 11:33:01 PST 2006

Ahoy,

On Thursday 02 November 2006 17:16, Thilo Pfennig wrote:
> Hi, I want to suggest that we try to announce a common "Women in
> FLOSS"-day. I think this could be make more vital by the groups:
> Ubuntu Women, Debian Women, KDE Women, GNOME Women, Fedora Women ,...

I like the idea.

I wonder if we could think of something concrete to accompany the
announcement? For example KDE recently held a party to celebrate it's 10th
birthday... the photos and guest list added weight and interest to a story
that could otherwise seem quite bland. Not that I think women in FLOSS is a
bland story, but that it doesn't seem like an news story.

Some awards? Some examples of recent contributions? Along similar lines, some
interviews with key people from a number of projects? Not great ideas, anyone
got any?

Regards,
Tom

--
The struggle against power is the struggle of memory against forgetting
 - Kundera