[Promotion] News for the open source desktop

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 03:18:48 PDT 2006

Hi Quim,

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 11:44, Quim Gil wrote:
> Hi there, may I ask your opinion about this:
> - News for the open source desktop
> http://desdeamericaconamor.org/blog/node/293
>
> Briefly, starting a blog focusing on free desktop applications explained
> to users. Desktop & distro agnostic. No command line and server-based
> software. Showing screencasts and screenshots almost as a requirement.
> Journalistic approach: writing quality with blogging attitude, in plain
> English most people can understand.

Certainly a good idea, and obviously appreciated by journalists (according to
the comments section anyway).

I'm a bit reluctant, however, since it would be a major investment of time
which we're already lacking. Then, I'm not sure how to sort out the editorial
bits, what is suitable material, what not ... that can certainly be
discussed.

Right now, with respect to press work, our press channel [P] has higher
priority for me. I can ask around if there are people who are willing to take
it up, I wouldn't want it to be a half-baken effort.

[P] http://vizzzion.org/?blogentry=629

Cheers,
--
sebas

Anything cut to length will be too short.