[Promotion] News for the open source desktop

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 04:17:35 PDT 2006

Hi Quim,

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 13:14, Quim Gil wrote:
> Just to make it clear, this is not a proposal coming from GNOME, nor is
> trying to get the commitment of GNOME, KDE, etc.
>
> It is a personal project (journalism is my primary background), looking
> for a first round of opinions and possible contributors familiar with
> press, media, blogging and editorial work.

That was not entirely clear for me. Thanks for clarifying it.

> KDE, GNOME, Application X or Company Y would not be promoters of this
> blog, but sources of information (and potential advertisers).

Naturally, KDE will be happy to act as source of information and help to
gather interesting content for it.

> About the contributors, even if we are involved in projects we should
> have a journalist approach as independent as the blog itself tries to
> have.

Yes, Tom might be able to elaborate on this, I'm not a journalist type, more a
marketing type (and as that, you should be careful to take my advice as
journalistic valuable ;-)).

> A KDE press channel would be useful for this project as a source of
> information, but it could not be simply plugged at it. An aggregator of
> all the relevant free software PR sources would be another interesting
> project, but this is certainly not what I'm proposing with the free
> desktop applications blog.

Ok.

Cheers,
--
sebas

Build a system that even a fool can use and only a fool will want to use it.