[pulseaudio-discuss] Splitting a sound card

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Wed Aug 29 11:12:09 PDT 2007

Tanu Kaskinen wrote:
: I have to correct myself. That configuration is wrong. This
: is more like what might actually work (with a hw mixing
: sound card, that is):
:
: # The first stereo pair:
: load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=speakers channels=2 channel_map=left,right
:
: # The second stereo pair, the random aux channels shift the
: # real channels to the next physical output:
: load-module module-alsa-sink sink_name=headphones channels=4 channel_map=aux14,aux15,left,right
:
	Sounds that it might work. However, I have tried this, and got
the following warning:

W: alsa-util.c: device doesn't support 4 channels, changed to 2.

(even if I use only the "sink_name=headphones" line and not the other one).
When I run alsamixer -Dhw:0, I can see I have the number of channels
set up correctly to "4", and "Downmix" to "off".

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |