[pulseaudio-discuss] process identification

Ritesh Kumar ritesh at cs.unc.edu
Mon Dec 17 19:01:50 PST 2007

Hi guys,
     I was wondering if pulseaudio stores a client's PID in its daemon as a
means of identification. pacmd's list-clients doesn't show any PID
information. I was thinking of integrating the sink-input movement between
available clients with a window manager. One possible use case is changing
the sink for the focussed window using some shortcuts. X allows me to get
the pid of the process responsible for a window. I could use the pid to
identify the responsible clients and sink-inputs.

Ritesh