[pulseaudio-discuss] PulseAudio and Network Audio Devices

Richi Plana richip at richip.dhs.org
Wed Dec 19 15:04:06 PST 2007

Hi, Lennart.

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 21:11 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Wed, 19.12.07 10:20, Richi Plana (richip at richip.dhs.org) wrote:
>
> > > pulseaudio -k
> > > pulseaudio -vvC
> >
> > Captured and posted here:
> >
> > http://richip.dhs.org/~richip/viper-pulseaudio-vvC.txt
>
> Are you sure you have done the full upgrade?
>
> D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules//module-hal-detect.so': failure
> D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules//module-x11-publish.so': failure
> D: cli-command.c: Checking for existance of '/usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules//module-gconf.so': failure
>
> Please check again if you have installed pulseaudio-module-x11,
> pulseaudio-module-gconf.
>
> There's something that surprises me quie a bit: module-hal-detect.so
> is part of the "pulseaudio" package, so I am really surprised that
> this is seems to be missing from your installation?
>
> Is this amd64 or something?

Unfortunately, I got so impatient that I decided to reinstall F8 from
scratch on viper. The good news is that as soon as I did, I was finally
seeing the virtual devices via gconf updates even using PA 0.9.7 that
came stock with F8. The bad news is that I've reformatted the drive and
so it's going to be difficult to figure out what went wrong.

Yes, viper is an AMD64 machine. Which is why those lines you quoted
above seem strange.

So this issue has been resolved. Not sure why it was looking
in /usr/lib/pulse-0.9 instead of /usr/lib64/pulse-0.9.

Now it's just a matter of making "discoverable network sound devices
available locally".
--

Richi Plana