[pulseaudio-discuss] Cheap little pulse server

Asheesh Laroia polypaudio at asheesh.org
Wed Dec 19 16:25:57 PST 2007

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> On Fri, 30.11.07 14:19, Colin Guthrie (gmane at colin.guthr.ie) wrote:
>
>> With the above it would be possible to tailor a small linux install to
>> boot and run pulse and have it publish itself to your network with
>> zeroconf-publish and tunnel-sink.
>>
>> Has anyone done any research on this? What's the cheapest possible way
>> of doing it. Anyone manage to rip out cheap consumer electronics gear
>> and slap their own linux kernel + pulse on it?
>
> My recommendation: get one of the OLPC beta devices. Small, robust,
> fanless, no moving parts, with audio, mesh WLAN. And they are not useful
> anymore for their intended use.

What intended use are they not useful for anymore?

(To others: You can get them at http://www.laptopgiving.org/.  If you just
want a laptop, you might find the Asus eeePC interesting
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC>.)

-- Asheesh.

--
Hanlon's Razor:
 	Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained