[pulseaudio-discuss] adobe flash 9 and pulseaudio

Ermanno erm67 at yahoo.it
Tue Jan 23 03:43:53 PST 2007

I recently installed pulseaudio and the alsa plugin and reconfigured
everything I could to use it either directly or through the pcm.!default
alsa device. Firefox worked and I wathched some movies on YouTube
without problems (I think through the alsa plugin), then as some sites
required Flash >=8 I installed the new flash player 9 and youtube is now
silent ...

In the system log I find this message:

Jan 23 01:21:34 [pulseaudio] protocol-native.c: Warning! Too many
connections (6
4), dropping incoming connection.
- Last output repeated 141 times -

and starting firefox from a terminal it prints lots of these messages
attemping to play a video in youtube:

*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream.
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to create stream.
[......]
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated
*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection terminated

Uninstalling flash player 9 and reinstalling flash player 7 solves the
problem with youtube (but no flash 9 :-((()....