[pulseaudio-discuss] adobe flash 9 and pulseaudio

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Tue Jan 23 12:08:09 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 12:43:53PM +0100, Ermanno wrote:
> I recently installed pulseaudio and the alsa plugin and reconfigured
> everything I could to use it either directly or through the pcm.!default
> alsa device. Firefox worked and I wathched some movies on YouTube
> without problems (I think through the alsa plugin), then as some sites
> required Flash >=8 I installed the new flash player 9 and youtube is now
> silent ...

The flash 9 player unfortunately doesn't work with pulseaudio's alsa plugin.
Flash 9 supports output extensions though and one has already been written
for pulseaudio. You can download it from here:

http://pulseaudio.revolutionlinux.com/PulseAudio

Just install that and flash will output directly to pulseaudio with out
using the alsa plugin.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj at vdbonline.com