[pulseaudio-discuss] Gnome panel applet

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 13:11:50 PDT 2007

On 7/15/07, Vasili Sviridov <vsviridov at exceede.com> wrote:
> Jon Smirl wrote:
> > Is there a pulse replacement for the gnome volume applet? The gnome
> > one keeps getting out of sync with the status of pulse. For example
> > muted in the applet when the sound is playing.
> >

> Do you have gstreamer-pulse installed? If you do you can just pick
> pulse's sink and gnome's volume applet will control it.

I have libgstreamer-plugins-pulse0.10-0 installed on Ubuntu. I'm able
to use the panel applet to control the volume and mute it, but
sometime the panel applet is showing the sound muted (when it's not)
or at a different volume than it is. There seems to be some kind of
synchronization issue between the display state of the panel applet
and the real state in pulse.

This may be related to suspend/resume. I'll watch it more closely and
see if I can notice when it gets out of sync.

If I exit the panel applet and start a new one, the correct state is displayed.