[pulseaudio-discuss] Windows rtp module

Frederick Reeve cylix at solace.info
Thu Jul 19 15:48:36 PDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:31:14 -0700
Vasili Sviridov <vsviridov at exceede.com> wrote:

> Frederick Reeve wrote:
> > On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:40:22 -0700
> > Vasili Sviridov <vsviridov at exceede.com> wrote:
> >

> >> How do you setup the environment? I'm itching to get the zeroconf module
> >> compiled for windows...
> >>
> >> Sorry for the bit of the off-topic...
> >>

> > np though there is really not much to it.  We are writing a control app in mono/.net.  Its really very dumb.  The sinks are set staticly so we just mod default.pa and restart pulse when a change is needed.  This may change in the future say if zeroconf was avalible for windows. :-)  Though writing that app even is very pointless if we can't get rtp.
> >
> No, i've meant how do you configure the evnvironment to compile
> pulseaudio codebase under windows...

Oh.  Sorry.  Well for as far as I have gone with it you simply need to install the latest version of mingw and msys then download the depends (liboil, sndfile and samplerate)  run msys unarc and do the usual unix stuff.

untar
./configure --prefix=/
make

you have to install by hand though.

pulse is posix only so it shouldn't take more than this enviroment.
Anyway the configure script for pulse wants pkg-config.  I will probably have to hack it to get around this unless some can tell me a better way.  I could install pkg-config I guess.  I just hate compiling endlessly... pkg-config need glib etc......

not much more to say if you know more feel free to share :-).

FDR