[pulseaudio-discuss] Gnome panel applet

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jul 24 17:20:35 PDT 2007

On Sun, 15.07.07 16:11, Jon Smirl (jonsmirl at gmail.com) wrote:

> I have libgstreamer-plugins-pulse0.10-0 installed on Ubuntu. I'm able
> to use the panel applet to control the volume and mute it, but
> sometime the panel applet is showing the sound muted (when it's not)
> or at a different volume than it is. There seems to be some kind of
> synchronization issue between the display state of the panel applet
> and the real state in pulse.

The Gst mixer API is plain awful. It wouldn't surprise me if it ate
babies for breakfast. So I am not really surprised by this issue.

There has been done some work upstream to at least add notification
for volume changes. But that's very recent and the gst-pulse doesn't
make use of this yet. Needs some work and you problem would likely go
away.