[pulseaudio-discuss] Remembering volume setting for an app

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 08:32:43 PDT 2007

I have multiple apps using pulse as a mixer. Can I get pulse to
remember the volume setting for a specific stream?  For example I
commonly have background music playing at a low volume. I can set it
to a low volume in VLC but VLC starts clipping the sound at too low of
levels. If I set the volume in PulseAudio volume control I don't have
trouble with clipping but I don't see anyway to save the volume
setting.

Shouldn't it remember volume settings stream/device pairs?

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com