[pulseaudio-discuss] Clicks or buzzing on Bluetooth

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:29:19 PDT 2007

Jim

It's interesting that you're having quality issues when going through
alsa. I've been trying to figure out where to start with a native
pulse plugin--not because of quality, but because alsa doesn't handle
devices dynamically coming and going as well as pulse. I want to use
padevchooser or pulseaudio applet to automatically show all the known
bt headsets and let me choose which one to use. For a combo a2dp/voice
headset the gui might also force which method to use (a2dp is one-way
hi-fi, voice is two-way low-fi)

I was literally writing up a message describing where I'm stuck:

Which module would be the best example for writing a bluetooth module?
It will link up our recent work in bluez on a bluetooth audio server
with a native pulse module.

We have dbus messages to indicate a new headset appearing and dbus
interfaces to query and attach headsets. We then use a unix socket to
the bluez server to get a file descriptor for sending audio to the
current adapter.

Hopefully this scheme will work well with pulse.

Brad