[pulseaudio-discuss] CPU usage of pulse audio-0.9.5-r4 is at 25-30%

Flemming, Eric (GE Healthcare) Eric.Flemming at ge.com
Wed Jun 27 09:45:33 PDT 2007

Hello

I upgraded from pulseaudio-0.9.2-r1 to pulseaudio-0.9.5-r4 on my gentoo
Linux system.  I am playing sound from the gentoo linux system to 3 ALSA
USB devices.  I can hear sound from the 3 sound cards just fine, but I
noticed that the CPU usage% (as shown by the top utility) of the pulse
audio daemon is at around 25-30%.  T

his much higher than in 0.9.2-r1 which was at around ~10%. Is this high
of a CPU usage in 0.9.5 expected behavior?
Has anyone else seen this?
Does anyone know why I might be seeing this higher CPU usage?  Might
this be a defect?

Thank you in advance for your help.  I have been trying to fix this for
awhile and any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Eric