[pulseaudio-discuss] amd64, pulseaudio, and nspluginwrapper

Alex Malinovich alex at malinovich.name
Tue Mar 6 12:04:46 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 15:55 +0100, CJ van den Berg wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 05:45:17AM -0800, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > Well, I've just spent the last 4 hours working on this and I've made a
> > LITTLE progress. I can now at least get the flash plugin in a 32-bit
> > browser to give me sound (after installing the libflashsupport package)
> > through pulse. But that defeats the purpose of nspluginwrapper in the
> > first place. :)
>
> Before you go any further with this, you might want to know that the alsa
> plugin for pulse doesn't work with Flash 9. So once you get all the libs
> loaded correctly it's just going to break anyway.
>
> libflashsupport works great though and is arguably the "right" way to get
> flash working with pulse. So, I assume the solution we should try to get
> working is flash32+libflashsupport32+libpulse32 all in an amd64 browser.

That'll at least keep me pointed in the right direction. I did a few
modifications to the libflashsupport library last night to get it to
build natively for AMD64 in the hopes that it would get loaded by
nspluginwrapper and not directly by flash, but this does not seem to be
the case. (Or, if it is, it still doesn't work.)

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837