[pulseaudio-discuss] can't get pulseaudio-esound-compat to work

Alex Malinovich alex at malinovich.name
Mon Mar 12 16:34:40 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 22:26 +0000, Matteo Zandi wrote:
--snip--
> I have only one problem left: ESD, it doesn't work neither using
> esdplay or any other apps
>
> matteo at burnt:~$ esdplay startup.wav
> esdplay: pcm_params.c:2351: sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0'
> failed.
--snip--
> Of course I followed the pulseaudio perfect setup guide..
--snip--
> Can you help me solving this? Esound works on my standard edgy
> partition and works in feisty if I sound the esound package, Why isn't
> it working with pulseaudio?
> This also causes some apps to be really slow.. I believe they're
> trying to trigger some sounds (gnome sounds of course do not work) so
> they are somehow stuck because of esd broken.

Just a guess on my part, but did you make sure to shut down esd after
installing pulse? It's possible that the original esd is still running
even if you installed esdcompat since then. Everything else looks good
as far as I can tell, but maybe someone else will have an idea.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837